Feb. 10 2007
High Converting Landing Pages
There are certain elements that high converting landing pages should have and certain rules they should adhere to. Here’s the quick listÂ to follow:
- Ensure that your landing page and ad seamlessly blend together.
- If you surprise a visitor, then your conversion rate can suffer.
- Forms can be intimidating:
- Simplify the form process whenever possible.
- Quick click add to cart
- Easy navigation to related items
- Easy to find shipping price & deliver time
- Detailed product info within 1 click
- Shipping Prices:
- Allow users to easily determine how much shipping will cost
- If your ad claims free shipping, make this clear on the website
- Subscriptions / Downloads:
- Should contain simple form
- Should not ask for more data than necessary
- Track form abandonment (and where on the form they are abandoning)
- Personal Information Collection:
- Make sure pages that collect information are secure pages (and that the user knows it)
- Trust seals (SSL, Better Business Bureau, etc)
If someone is ready and willing to give you their credit card – Make it easy for them!